Frequently Asked Questions

How can I access my accounts online?

If you have a computer and an email address, you can access your Family First Credit Union accounts online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To fill out an online application form, click here.

Keep track of your finances when you are on the go! Check balances, transaction history, transfer money, make a loan payment, or apply for a loan; right from the convenience of your phone. As an added benefit, set up eAlerts to inform you when your balance is low, loan payments are due, when checks have cleared or the transactions being held waiting to process. Download the mobile banking app from the App Store or Google Play by searching: TouchBanking App Code: FAM1STCU

To use mobile banking you must be registered for online banking with Netbranch, using your FFCU account number and your password used for Netbranch to log into the mobile banking app. *Message & data rates may apply.

We also offer access through our Teller 24 system. Both Teller 24 and NetBranch allow you to make transfers, check on balances, or make a loan payment from any phone or computer.

How can I get e-statements?

All you have to do is sign up for NetBranch and you will automatically be enrolled in e-statements. You will receive an email notice each month/quarter notifying you that you statement is ready to view/save.

If you have any questions regarding NetBranch, Teller 24 or e-statements, please call 989.759.1686.

What do I do if my VISA is lost or stolen?

You should call the 24 hour service phone number - 1.800.325.3678 and they will take the report. If your purse or wallet was stolen, please call the police and file a report, they will need the report number for their file.

What do I do if my ATM/Debit card is lost or stolen?

Please call 1.800.466.3552 immediately. Your report can be taken over the phone. If your purse or wallet was stolen, please call the police and file a report. In the case of stolen credit cards and ATM/debit cards, the sooner that you call, the quicker a block can be placed on your card.

How do I protect my credit & ATM/debit cards?

Credit Cards:
Be careful when giving your account number over the phone. Never put your account number on the outside of an envelope or postcard. Compare your monthly billing statements to your receipts. Keep a record, in a safe place, of all of your account numbers, expiration dates, and telephone numbers of each card issuer so you can report a loss quickly. Carry only the cards you anticipate you will need.

ATM/Debit Cards:
Do not carry your Personal Identification Number (PIN) in your wallet and never write it on your card. Don't use addresses, birth dates, phone numbers or social security numbers as your PIN. Take your receipt after completing your transaction. Reconcile all of your receipts with your statement as soon as possible.

What is Identity Theft and how can I prevent it?

Identity Theft occurs when a thief obtains - and illegally uses - your identity information, such as your Social Security number or your credit card or checking account information, to open new credit accounts and apply for loans in your name. Thieves have struck by redirecting mail, stealing sales receipts, and peeking over someone's shoulder to obtain your personal information.

Spoofing, spamming, and phishing
Identity thieves aren't only picking sales receipts and credit card offers out of trash cans to steal your information. They're using highly technical methods. They spoof, spam and phish.

  • Spoofers create a replica of an existing web page to fool a user into submitting personal, financial, or password data. Make sure the web sites that you visit show a padlock near the bottom of your browser window - the padlock shows the use of SSL (secured sockets layer) technology.
  • Spammers send unsolicited email to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups. These emails include advertisements, viruses, and hoaxes. Report spam by sending an email to the FTC at
  • Phishers create and use emails and web sites - designed to look like emails and web sites of reputable, legitimate businesses, financial institutions, and government agencies - to deceive users into disclosing financial information or other personal data such as passwords and usernames.

Preventing identity theft
Before revealing personal information, find out whom you are dealing with, how the information will be used, and if it will be shared with others.

Only give your social security number when it's absolutely necessary. Ask if you can use another form of identification such as your driver's license. Don't carry your social security card in your wallet unless it will be used that day.

Keep items with personal information in a safe place and either shred them or tear them up when you don't need them any longer. Dispose copies of checks, statements, receipts, insurance forms, expired credit cards, savings and investment account statements, and credit card offers in the same way.

Order a copy of your credit report from each credit-reporting agency each year. The Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACT Act) of 2003, requires credit bureaus to provide a free report annually to consumers who request a copy. Verify that your credit report is accurate and that it only includes activity that you authorized.

Look over your credit union and credit cards statements each month for unauthorized charges or suspicious activity.

Photocopy financial cards and insurance cards you carry in your wallet (front and back) and keep copies in a safe place; if your wallet is lost or stolen you can promptly report the loss.

Contact the U.S. Postal Service if you don't receive mail for a few days. You will want to make sure that your mail has not been redirected.

How do I obtain a copy of my credit report under The FACT Act?

You can request a copy of your credit report via the internet at or by telephone at (877) 322-8228 or through the mail. You must complete a request for information by visiting Click on "New Law Promotes Access to Free Credit Reports" on the left then scroll down to the bottom of the file and click on Annual Credit Report Request Form. Mail the completed form to:

Annual Credit Report Request Service
PO Box 105281
Atlanta, GA 30348-5281