Own the checking account backed by 71 years of service!
A checking account from Family First looks like an ordinary checking account, but our checking account pays you interest! Click here for current Checking rates.
Features of a FFCU Checking Account:
- No minimum balance fee
- No monthly service fee
- Unlimited check writing
- No check processing fee
- Free internet and telephone access
- Free ATM/Debit Card
- Statements will be sent to you once a month. E-statements now available.
- Your checks will be retained by our clearing bank. You will have a carbon copy of your check when you write it and that copy stays right in your check book. Our clearing bank holds the original drafts for two (2) months and then they are destroyed. Our clearing bank will have microfilmed copies of the drafts if you need them, for a nominal fee.
- The money in your checking account is insured by the National Credit Union Administration, which is a branch of the United States Government. Each member is insured up to $250,000.
- Interest! Click here for current Checking rates.
- Your first 50 checks are free!
- Get up to 5 cents each for unused checks from your current financial institution!
- Check your balances online, by telephone, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- No limit on monthly transactions.
Rules and Policies for member qualification in opening a share draft/checking account:
- A member must have a share account in order to open a checking account.
- A member must be approved by the credit union.
- A member must have a good credit history.
We all make mistakes, occasionally. At Family First Credit Union we offer an Overdraft Protection line of credit to cover you in the event of an addition error. Overdraft Protection is a $600 line of credit deposited in increments of $100, then as needed to a maximum of $600 to cover any checks that are presented for payment. You must qualify for this service.
OOPS! Occasional Overdraft Privilege Service
(For eligible checking accounts)
Have you ever made an honest mistake in your checkbook? Found yourself a little short on cash? Or had an unusual or unforeseen expense at the most inopportune time?
Relax...rather than automatically returning unpaid any insufficient funds items that you may have, we will consider, without obligation on our part, payment of your reasonable overdraft.
This allows you to avoid high charges from merchants for returned checks. Overdraft privilege payments of up to $500 will be considered based on your checking account.
We will charge our normal non-sufficient funds or overdraft charge, set forth in our fee schedule, for each item that would create an overdraft on your account.
Contact any Member Service Representative for more details.